transparent menu - how

David Graham

David Dorward said:

Hi
I was unable to view the image because it is referenced as
url(yellowfi.gif)
in the stylesheet which opera saved to my computer.

You knew it was called yellowfilter.gif, how did you know this was the
correct name and how does a stylesheet which incorectly identifies the .gif
as yellowfi.gif still manage to import the .gif into the final web page?
Oh, hang on the penny starts to drop - the other image when I look at the
css in Edit Plus is url(redfilte.gif) obviously truncated from redfilter.gif
I am looking at the stylesheet which is made when you choose to save a web
page with images in Opera locally to your computer. The save as in Opera
produces some unexpected changes!
When I look at the style sheet directly in my browser at
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/style.css then the names
of the .gifs have not been snipped to 8 characters - why would Opera want to
do this?
thanks for the help
David

Spartanicus

David Graham said:
I am looking at the stylesheet which is made when you choose to save a web
page with images in Opera locally to your computer. The save as in Opera
produces some unexpected changes!
When I look at the style sheet directly in my browser at
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/style.css then the names
of the .gifs have not been snipped to 8 characters - why would Opera want to
do this?

Opera stores files into it's local cache in 8.3 format and rewrites HTML
and CSS files accordingly. The abbreviated file names are also used if
you do a Save file with images.