    Any ideas?
    thanks
    Marco

    Marco Terzuoli, May 18, 2004

  2. Marco Terzuoli

    Eric Brunel Guest

    Marco Terzuoli wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I would like to implement a tree control inside a Python application. It
    > should be similar to GTK's TreeStore widget, but I need it for TKinter.
    > Any ideas?
    > thanks
    > Marco

    There is a tree widget in IDLE, which is part of all Python distribution. With
    Python 2.1, it's located under Tools/idle in the Python installation directory
    and is named TreeWidget.py. AFAIK, there's no documentation for it, but it is
    quite easy to use and also includes an example application.

    There are many others alternatives around; Google is your friend.

    HTH

    Eric Brunel, May 19, 2004

  3. Marco Terzuoli

    klappnase Guest

    Eric Brunel <> wrote in message news:<c8f3e9$5dt$>...
    > Marco Terzuoli wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I would like to implement a tree control inside a Python application. It
    > > should be similar to GTK's TreeStore widget, but I need it for TKinter.
    > > Any ideas?
    > > thanks
    > > Marco

    > There is a tree widget in IDLE, which is part of all Python distribution. With
    > Python 2.1, it's located under Tools/idle in the Python installation directory
    > and is named TreeWidget.py. AFAIK, there's no documentation for it, but it is
    > quite easy to use and also includes an example application.
    >
    > There are many others alternatives around; Google is your friend.
    >
    > HTH

    Check out Gene Cash´s tree widget, it beats far Idle´s tree and all
    the others I have seen:

    http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/tree.html

    Regards

    Michael