    Do we have any standard library for Binary trees in c++. If so what
    all the functions it provides. and how does the constructor and the
    member fuctions be invoked on?
    sivakumar, Feb 26, 2005

  2. sivakumar

    Ron Natalie Guest

    sivakumar wrote:
    > Do we have any standard library for Binary trees in c++. If so what
    > all the functions it provides. and how does the constructor and the
    > member fuctions be invoked on?

    While it doesn't come out and say it, the std::set and map, the constraints
    put on the behavior of the std::set and map classes pretty much means they
    have to be implemented with some tree variant. Most implementations I
    know of use a red-black tree.

    The implementation details are delightfully hidden from the user.
    Ron Natalie, Feb 26, 2005