TreeView: Checkbox data not appearing in Request / POST data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Kris Oye, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Kris Oye

    Kris Oye Guest

    I am creating a TreeView programatically in C# and then using the
    RenderControl() method to send it back to the browser. I am attempting to
    use the resulting checkboxes in an existing form, but when the data is
    submitted back to the server for processing, none of the checkbox data
    appears in my Request. Anyone know why this might happen? I've tried it a
    number of ways to get it working but with no success. The tree renders
    correctly and each checkbox has the correct ID and Name, but no go. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated:

    Brief code fragment:

    <form action="ViewReport.aspx"
    method="post"
    name="Criteria"
    id="Criteria"

    <% RenderTree() %>

    </form>

    FYI: RenderTree() method constructs a TreeView control and then calls
    RenderControl(new HtmlTextWriter(Response.Output, " "))

    Anyway... any help would be appreciated (again!)

    Kris Oye, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Kris

    I don't know if this will help but in my Access 2000 form I had the
    same problem. It seems to be a timing issue. The only way I was able
    to fix it was to put a timer and go through the TreeView control but
    this time just handle the checkboxes . hope this helps

    Yosias Selemon, Jul 30, 2003