treeview: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Steve Schlichter

Does anyone know why I get this error when I select a treeview node?

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of
valid values.
Parameter name: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than
the size of the collection.]
System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32
index) +199

Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseChildNodeCollection.System.Web.UI.IStateMan
ager.LoadViewState(Object state)
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.LoadViewState(Object savedState)

Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseChildNode.System.Web.UI.IStateManager.LoadV
iewState(Object state)

Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseChildNodeCollection.System.Web.UI.IStateMan
ager.LoadViewState(Object state)
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.LoadViewState(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Alvin Bruney

the description is pretty clear. what i think you are asking is why this is
happening. you are trying to reference a node which doesn't appear in the
node collection. there are several reasons for this. maybe you deleted etc.
you will need to be more explicit on what you are doing before you get the
error before i can provide more specific help