Tricky JTable question

H.L

Assume that I have an individual cell inside a JTable with a multi-line
string. When a mouse double click or click is recorded, I would like to
know not only what cell was clicked (fairly easy with the rowatPoint and
columnatpoint routines), but also which of the rows inside the cell was
clicked. How can I do that? It does seem rather tricky and it is hard to
see how it should be set up. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Roedy Green

Assume that I have an individual cell inside a JTable with a multi-line
string. When a mouse double click or click is recorded, I would like to
know not only what cell was clicked (fairly easy with the rowatPoint and
columnatpoint routines), but also which of the rows inside the cell was
clicked. How can I do that? It does seem rather tricky and it is hard to
see how it should be set up. Thanks in advance.

Does the event give you x,y? What are they relative too? If you know
the line height, divide.

H.L

H.L said:
Assume that I have an individual cell inside a JTable with a multi-line
string. When a mouse double click or click is recorded, I would like to
know not only what cell was clicked (fairly easy with the rowatPoint and
columnatpoint routines), but also which of the rows inside the cell was
clicked. How can I do that? It does seem rather tricky and it is hard to
see how it should be set up. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Thanks to mr. Roedy Green for the tip that you gave!! I searched a bit
and found that JList is probably a better option for what I want to do.
I lost his post in the list of threads.

Regards.