Trouble loading dll via ctypes

subopt inTheVicinityOf geemail.com

I'm trying to load a dll via ctypes by doing this:

cdll.LoadLibrary('/path/to/mylib.so')

But i'm getting this:

/path/to/mylib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory What am i doing wrong?

The dll in question is in a directory mounted via NSF, but no part of
the path/filename is a symlink. When i try code from the docs:

cdll.LoadLibrary('libc.so.6')

,then all is fine.

I've also tried to set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting Python,
checking it via os.environ, then doing the cdll.LoadLibrary(...), but
that fails with the same complaint. What am i doing wrong?

tia,
Eric

Helmut Jarausch

subopt said:
I'm trying to load a dll via ctypes by doing this:

cdll.LoadLibrary('/path/to/mylib.so')

But i'm getting this:

/path/to/mylib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory What am i doing wrong?

The dll in question is in a directory mounted via NSF, but no part of
the path/filename is a symlink. When i try code from the docs:

cdll.LoadLibrary('libc.so.6')

,then all is fine.

I've also tried to set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting Python,
checking it via os.environ, then doing the cdll.LoadLibrary(...), but
that fails with the same complaint. What am i doing wrong?

I vaguely remember you need execute permissions for a dynamic library to load.
Permissions on an NFS mounted directory are different, especial for user 'root'.

Check if can execute some executable in that NFS path.

Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik