Trouble w sending email

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Aug 27, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    Trying to send an email with .net from my home computer.

    A very simple one...

    ***************************
    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Mail" %>
    <script runat="server">

    Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
    SmtpMail.Send( _
    "", _
    "", _
    "Testing mail", _
    "Just sending a test message!")
    End Sub

    </script>
    <head>
    </head>
    <form runat="server" ID="Form1">
    <asp:Button id="Button1" onclick="Button1_Click" runat="server"
    Text="Button"></asp:Button>
    </form>
    **********************

    I'm getting this error message

    ********************************
    Configurationvalue "SendUsing" not valid.

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
    Configurationvalue "SendUsing" not valid.

    Source Error:

    Line 4:
    Line 5: Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
    Line 6: SmtpMail.Send( _
    Line 7: "", _
    Line 8: "", _

    *********************************

    I've checked that smtp services are on

    What does "Sendusing" indicate?

    Cheers.

    Kenneth

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Aug 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=

    Aidy Guest

    The problem might be cos you're not specifying the SMTP server to send
    through.

    "Kenneth P" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Trying to send an email with .net from my home computer.
    >
    > A very simple one...
    >
    > ***************************
    > <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    > <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Mail" %>
    > <script runat="server">
    >
    > Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
    > SmtpMail.Send( _
    > "", _
    > "", _
    > "Testing mail", _
    > "Just sending a test message!")
    > End Sub
    >
    > </script>
    > <head>
    > </head>
    > <form runat="server" ID="Form1">
    > <asp:Button id="Button1" onclick="Button1_Click" runat="server"
    > Text="Button"></asp:Button>
    > </form>
    >
    > I'm getting this error message

    > Configurationvalue "SendUsing" not valid.

    about

    Aidy, Aug 27, 2005