Trouble with Content-Disposition -- Pls Help!

Jonathan Atkinson

Having trouble with the following code:

Response.ContentType = "application/binary"
Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","attachment; filename=test.txt"

I have a file on the server, "test.txt", which is in the same directory as
the referring asp page. The file has some text in it. But when I go to the
page and download the file to my hard drive, there is no text... it's a
blank file.

You can try it for yourself:
The file is located at www.ballroomdancers.com/Temp/test.txt
The asp page is www.ballroomdancers.com/Temp/test.asp

If you look at the actual file, you will see that there is text in it. But
when you visit thepage which uses response.addheader to download the file,
it downloads an empty file.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in dvance for your help!

Regards,