trouble with IE css

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Next, May 12, 2008.

  1. Next

    Next Guest

    Next, May 12, 2008

  2. On May 12, 8:31 pm, Next <> wrote:
    > http://www.zbawienie.com/template.htm
    >
    > headerBox in IE seems to be cutting bottom of letters.
    >
    > Any idea how to fix it?
    >
    > TIA

    Ever heard of validation?

    Patricia Aldoraz, May 12, 2008

  3. Next

    justhope Guest

    Patricia Aldoraz wrote:
    > On May 12, 8:31 pm, Next <> wrote:
    >> http://www.zbawienie.com/template.htm
    >>
    >> headerBox in IE seems to be cutting bottom of letters.
    >>
    >> Any idea how to fix it?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Ever heard of validation?

    yes... tried to understand line number 41 and in my page there is no
    coding on line 41.

    justhope, May 12, 2008
  4. justhope wrote:
    > Patricia Aldoraz wrote:
    >> On May 12, 8:31 pm, Next <> wrote:
    >>> http://www.zbawienie.com/template.htm
    >>>
    >>> headerBox in IE seems to be cutting bottom of letters.
    >>>
    >>> Any idea how to fix it?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Ever heard of validation?

    > yes... tried to understand line number 41 and in my page there is no
    > coding on line 41.

    Did you read the message?

    # Error Line 41, Column 119: there is no attribute "language".

    … collection code --><script language="JavaScript"
    src="http://us.js2.yimg.com

    You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the
    document type you are using does not support that attribute for this
    element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict"
    document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the
    "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using
    vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually
    fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

    This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the
    document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no
    supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error
    message for further information.

    How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute,
    (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both
    allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this
    attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to
    incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

    Now look up the SCRIPT element:

    <!ELEMENT SCRIPT - - %Script; -- script statements -->
    <!ATTLIST SCRIPT
    charset %Charset; #IMPLIED -- char encoding of linked resource --
    type %ContentType; #REQUIRED -- content type of script language --
    src %URI; #IMPLIED -- URI for an external script --
    defer (defer) #IMPLIED -- UA may defer execution of script --

    Don't see a LANGUAGE attribute do you?

    Okay next, why are you using XHTML? Any real reason, just "because". If
    you want any hope of MS IE cooperation don't try and feed it XHTML.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=why I should not use xhtml&btnG=Search
    why I should not use xhtml - Google Search

    BTW, which version IE are you having problems with? Looks fine in IE6 &
    7., IE 5.5 does shows headerbox with different padding, but IE's box
    model is very broken and who uses < EI 6?

    What's with the SPAN in the DIV headerBox? Why is this not a H1 element
    and style accordingly?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 12, 2008
  5. Next

    Next Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > justhope wrote:
    >> Patricia Aldoraz wrote:

    >>> Ever heard of validation?

    >> yes... tried to understand line number 41 and in my page there is no
    >> coding on line 41.

    > Did you read the message?
    >
    > # Error Line 41, Column 119: there is no attribute "language".
    >
    > … collection code --><script language="JavaScript"
    > src="http://us.js2.yimg.com
    >

    > You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the
    > document type you are using does not support that attribute for this
    > element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict"
    > document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the
    > "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using
    > vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually
    > fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).
    >
    > This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the
    > document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no
    > supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error
    > message for further information.
    >
    > How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute,
    > (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both
    > allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this
    > attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to
    > incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
    >

    > Now look up the SCRIPT element:
    >
    > <!ELEMENT SCRIPT - - %Script; -- script statements -->
    > <!ATTLIST SCRIPT
    > charset %Charset; #IMPLIED -- char encoding of linked resource --
    > type %ContentType; #REQUIRED -- content type of script language --
    > src %URI; #IMPLIED -- URI for an external script --
    > defer (defer) #IMPLIED -- UA may defer execution of script --
    > >

    > Don't see a LANGUAGE attribute do you?
    >
    > Okay next, why are you using XHTML? Any real reason, just "because". If
    > you want any hope of MS IE cooperation don't try and feed it XHTML.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=why I should not use xhtml&btnG=Search
    > why I should not use xhtml - Google Search
    >
    > BTW, which version IE are you having problems with? Looks fine in IE6 &
    > 7., IE 5.5 does shows headerbox with different padding, but IE's box
    > model is very broken and who uses < EI 6?
    >
    > What's with the SPAN in the DIV headerBox? Why is this not a H1 element
    > and style accordingly?

    Many thanks for your help!

    Next, May 13, 2008