Trust additional SSL CA

Ian Pilcher

I am working on a project which will use XML-RPC over SSL (https).
Unfortunately, the server with which I am communicating has a
certificate which is signed with our internal CA key, rather than a
standard trusted CA key. For now, I've simply disabled all of the SSL
checks entirely, using the method described here:

http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/ssl.html

Since I do have a copy of the CA certificate, however, I'd much rather
use it to actually verify the server's identity when I connect. I did
try importing the CA certificate into my keystore, but that didn't make
any difference.

Can anyone point me to something that will get me started in the right
direction?

Thanks!

Esmond Pitt

Ian said:
I did
try importing the CA certificate into my keystore, but that didn't make
any difference.

Import it into your *truststore*, i.e. 'cacerts', 'jssecacerts', or the
truststore you supplied when creating the initial SSLContext or the one
you named in the javax.net.ssl.truststore property.