try/catch problem

Jojo

Hi all,

I have a script which calls a GUI, example code:

init_project; % some inits here.
start_GUI; % GUI is called.

I have some try/catch constructions within the callbacks of the GUI in
order to catch several possible errors. But I also want to catch
_unexpected_ errors within the application, so I tried:

try
init_project; % some inits here.
start_GUI; % GUI is called.
catch
show_error; % do something here....
end

However, the thing is that starting the GUI generally does not generate
an error. After that, the processing of the application is fully
determined by the GUI callbacks and an unexpected error is never catched
because my script is already completed directly after _starting_the GUI.

How can I catch errors within the GUI?

Thanx,

Jeroen

Jojo

Sorry for the pollution guys, I posted this to the wrong newsgroup. It
is Matlab code...

Jeroen