    X 4 @ clients [ # 4 ] fred
    X 5 %
    X 6 @ managers [ # 2 ] jan
    X 7 @ managers [ # 3 ] tom
    X 8 %
    X 9 @ postcodes [ # perth ] 6000
    X 10 @ postcodes [ # brisbane ] 4000

    TRACE
    = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?

    HEAD 1
    = A [ # I ] B [ # K ]
    TAIL 1
    @ A # I R
    @ [ managers ] # [ 3 ] R
    HEAD 1
    @ managers [ # 3 ] tom
    MATCH
    TRUE 1
    TAIL 2
    @ B # K R
    @ B # K [ tom ]
    HEAD 1
    @ clients [ # 1 ] tom
    MATCH
    TRUE 2
    MATCH

    = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?

    WHICHARRAY = clients
    WHICHINDEX = 1

    Talk about a Reverse Array Lookup!

    Herc
    --
    www.phpPROLOG.com/demo
    , Oct 1, 2013

  2. James Kuyper Guest

    On 09/30/2013 08:32 PM, wrote:
    > PROGRAM LIST
    > X 1 = A [ # I ] B [ # K ] :-
    > @ A [ # I ] R
    > @ B [ # K ] R
    > X 2 lockup
    > X 3 @ clients [ # 1 ] tom
    > X 4 @ clients [ # 4 ] fred
    > X 5 %
    > X 6 @ managers [ # 2 ] jan
    > X 7 @ managers [ # 3 ] tom
    > X 8 %
    > X 9 @ postcodes [ # perth ] 6000
    > X 10 @ postcodes [ # brisbane ] 4000
    >
    > TRACE
    > = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?
    >
    > HEAD 1
    > = A [ # I ] B [ # K ]
    > TAIL 1
    > @ A # I R
    > @ [ managers ] # [ 3 ] R
    > HEAD 1
    > @ managers [ # 3 ] tom
    > MATCH
    > TRUE 1
    > TAIL 2
    > @ B # K R
    > @ B # K [ tom ]
    > HEAD 1
    > @ clients [ # 1 ] tom
    > MATCH
    > TRUE 2
    > MATCH
    >
    > = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?
    >
    > WHICHARRAY = clients
    > WHICHINDEX = 1
    >
    > Talk about a Reverse Array Lookup!

    I'm not familiar with the language that's written in; you can reasonably
    assume that this is also true of many other people monitoring this
    newsgroup, given that it's a newsgroup devoted to C. Whatever language
    that is, it's not sufficiently self-explanatory to justify leaving out
    the explanation. Could you therefore please explain exactly what it
    does? I could probably make a reasonable guess if I put more time into
    studying it - but I shouldn't have to.
    --
    James Kuyper
    James Kuyper, Oct 1, 2013

    On Monday, September 30, 2013 8:29:19 PM UTC-7, James Kuyper wrote:
    > On 09/30/2013 08:32 PM, wrote:
    >
    > > PROGRAM LIST

    > > X 1 = A [ # I ] B [ # K ] :-

    > > @ A [ # I ] R

    > > @ B [ # K ] R

    > > X 2 lockup

    > > X 3 @ clients [ # 1 ] tom

    > > X 4 @ clients [ # 4 ] fred

    > > X 5 %

    > > X 6 @ managers [ # 2 ] jan

    > > X 7 @ managers [ # 3 ] tom

    > > X 8 %

    > > X 9 @ postcodes [ # perth ] 6000

    > > X 10 @ postcodes [ # brisbane ] 4000

    > > TRACE

    > > = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?

    > > HEAD 1

    > > = A [ # I ] B [ # K ]

    > > TAIL 1

    > > @ A # I R

    > > @ [ managers ] # [ 3 ] R

    > > HEAD 1

    > > @ managers [ # 3 ] tom

    > > MATCH

    > > TRUE 1

    > > TAIL 2

    > > @ B # K R

    > > @ B # K [ tom ]

    > > HEAD 1

    > > @ clients [ # 1 ] tom

    > > MATCH

    > > TRUE 2

    > > MATCH

    > > = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?

    > > WHICHARRAY = clients

    > > WHICHINDEX = 1

    > > Talk about a Reverse Array Lookup!

    > I'm not familiar with the language that's written in; you can reasonably
    >
    > assume that this is also true of many other people monitoring this
    >
    > newsgroup, given that it's a newsgroup devoted to C. Whatever language
    >
    > that is, it's not sufficiently self-explanatory to justify leaving out
    >
    > the explanation. Could you therefore please explain exactly what it
    >
    > does? I could probably make a reasonable guess if I put more time into
    >
    > studying it - but I shouldn't have to.

    Right, I'm using LISP style brackets on PROLOG code, which incidentally
    works great on the 'recursive descent into sub-terms' style of PROLOG evaluation/pattern matching.

    So in ISO Prolog it's.

    eq ( ARRAY1, key( INDEX1 ) , ARRAY2 , key( INDEX2 ) ) :-
    array ( ARRAY1, key ( INDEX1 ) , RESULT ) ,
    array ( ARRAY2, key ( INDEX2 ) , RESULT ) .

    array( clients( key(1) , tom ) ).
    array( clients( key(2) , jan ) ).

    array( managers( key(1) , herc ) ).
    array( managers( key(3) , tom ) ).

    array( postcodes( key(perth) , 6000 ) ).
    array( postcodes( key(brisbane) , 4000 ) ).

    ?- eq( managers , key(3) , WHICHARRAY , key(WHICHINDEX ) ).

    PROLOG>
    WHICHARRAY = clients
    WHICHINDEX = 1

    ---------

    Like I said..

    @ clients [ # 1 ] tom
    @ clients [ # 4 ] fred

    is easier for data entry!!

    I can add INFIX notation and IF THEN aswell...
    ISO prolog uses 'negation as failure' rather than just 'ELSE' !

    IF
    managers[# 3] = group-leader[# detroit X ]
    THEN
    ACTIVITY = X
    FI

    PROLOG was the 1st RDB before SQL.

    '@' and '#' are just 'a' and 'b'

    http://phpprolog.com/demo/PROLOG-ARRAYS.png
    EDITED!

    Herc
    , Oct 1, 2013
  4. James Kuyper Guest

    On 10/01/2013 01:36 AM, wrote:
    > On Monday, September 30, 2013 8:29:19 PM UTC-7, James Kuyper wrote:
    >> On 09/30/2013 08:32 PM, wrote:
    >>
    >>> PROGRAM LIST

    >>> X 1 = A [ # I ] B [ # K ] :-

    >>> @ A [ # I ] R

    You're using Google Group's broken interface to usenet. One of the key
    things that's broken about it is that it inserts an extra line break
    after each line in quoted text. You should get a proper newsreader (I
    like Mozilla Thunderbird, but there's many to choose from) and sign up
    to gain access to a proper news server (I recommend
    eternal-september.org). However, if you insist on using Google Groups,
    please remove the double spacing from quoted text before you send it.

    >> I'm not familiar with the language that's written in; you can reasonably
    >> assume that this is also true of many other people monitoring this
    >> newsgroup, given that it's a newsgroup devoted to C. Whatever language
    >> that is, it's not sufficiently self-explanatory to justify leaving out
    >> the explanation. Could you therefore please explain exactly what it
    >> does? I could probably make a reasonable guess if I put more time into
    >> studying it - but I shouldn't have to.

    > Right, I'm using LISP style brackets on PROLOG code, which incidentally
    > works great on the 'recursive descent into sub-terms' style of PROLOG evaluation/pattern matching.
    >
    > So in ISO Prolog it's.
    >
    > eq ( ARRAY1, key( INDEX1 ) , ARRAY2 , key( INDEX2 ) ) :-
    > array ( ARRAY1, key ( INDEX1 ) , RESULT ) ,
    > array ( ARRAY2, key ( INDEX2 ) , RESULT ) .

    Again - I'm sure if I studied your prolog version hard enough, I could
    probably figure it out, but I shouldn't have to, and I have no intention
    of trying. You're the one who decided to bring this to a C-oriented
    newsgroup, so it's your responsibility to translate it. Ideally, you
    should translate it to C, but your Subject: header implies that you
    don't think it can easily be expressed in C. That's a reasonable thing
    to claim, and it might even be true - but in that case you should
    translate it into English. Not PHP, not Python, not Ruby, not Visual
    Basic, not Delphi - it should either be C or English, because those are
    the only two languages you can be reasonable sure that everyone
    monitoring this newsgroup knows.

    You might be able to get way with java, C++, perl, or C#, because of
    their similarities with C - but only insofar as they are similar. If you
    could write it in, for instance, java code that was sufficiently similar
    to C code to justify posting it here, you could (and therefore should)
    write it in C, instead, which is what you're claiming is difficult.
    --
    James Kuyper
    James Kuyper, Oct 1, 2013

    On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:49:47 AM UTC-7, James Kuyper wrote:
    > On 10/01/2013 01:36 AM, wrote:

    > You're using Google Group's broken interface to usenet. One of the key
    >
    > things that's broken about it is that it inserts an extra line break
    >
    > after each line in quoted text. You should get a proper newsreader (I
    >
    > like Mozilla Thunderbird, but there's many to choose from) and sign up
    >
    > to gain access to a proper news server (I recommend
    >
    > eternal-september.org). However, if you insist on using Google Groups,
    >
    > please remove the double spacing from quoted text before you send it.

    > >> I'm not familiar with the language that's written in; you can reasonably

    > >> assume that this is also true of many other people monitoring this

    > >> newsgroup, given that it's a newsgroup devoted to C. Whatever language

    > >> that is, it's not sufficiently self-explanatory to justify leaving out

    > >> the explanation. Could you therefore please explain exactly what it

    > >> does? I could probably make a reasonable guess if I put more time into

    > >> studying it - but I shouldn't have to.

    > > Right, I'm using LISP style brackets on PROLOG code, which incidentally

    > > works great on the 'recursive descent into sub-terms' style of PROLOG evaluation/pattern matching.

    > > So in ISO Prolog it's.

    > > eq ( ARRAY1, key( INDEX1 ) , ARRAY2 , key( INDEX2 ) ) :-

    > > array ( ARRAY1, key ( INDEX1 ) , RESULT ) ,

    > > array ( ARRAY2, key ( INDEX2 ) , RESULT ) .

    > Again - I'm sure if I studied your prolog version hard enough, I could
    >
    > probably figure it out, but I shouldn't have to, and I have no intention
    >
    > of trying. You're the one who decided to bring this to a C-oriented
    >
    > newsgroup, so it's your responsibility to translate it. Ideally, you
    >
    > should translate it to C, but your Subject: header implies that you
    >
    > don't think it can easily be expressed in C. That's a reasonable thing
    >
    > to claim, and it might even be true - but in that case you should
    >
    > translate it into English. Not PHP, not Python, not Ruby, not Visual
    >
    > Basic, not Delphi - it should either be C or English, because those are
    >
    > the only two languages you can be reasonable sure that everyone
    >
    > monitoring this newsgroup knows.
    >

    > You might be able to get way with java, C++, perl, or C#, because of
    >
    > their similarities with C - but only insofar as they are similar. If you
    >
    > could write it in, for instance, java code that was sufficiently similar
    >
    > to C code to justify posting it here, you could (and therefore should)
    >
    > write it in C, instead, which is what you're claiming is difficult.
    >
    > --
    >
    > James Kuyper

    OK... this is EQUALS

    = A [ # I ] B [ # K ] :-
    @ A [ # I ] R
    @ B [ # K ] R

    It's solved with pattern matching.

    You enter a QUERY

    = clients [ # I ] managers [ # K ]

    and it performs a binary search on all facts in the database
    starting with @

    @ A [ # I ] R

    with 'clients' in position A

    You ENTER arrays like so:

    @ clients [ # 1 ] tom
    @ clients [ # 4 ] fred

    @ managers [ # 2 ] jan
    @ managers [ # 3 ] tom

    this is:

    clients[1] = 'tom'
    clients[2] = 'fred'

    Now, watch as I use a 3 line definition of equals
    to do a reverse array lookup!

    TRACE
    = managers [ # 3 ] WHICHARRAY [ # WHICHINDEX ] ?

    HEAD 1
    = A [ # I ] B [ # K ]
    TAIL 1
    @ A # I R
    @ [ managers ] # [ 3 ] R
    HEAD 1
    @ managers [ # 3 ] tom
    MATCH
    TRUE 1
    TAIL 2
    @ B # K R
    @ B # K [ tom ]
    HEAD 1
    @ clients [ # 1 ] tom
    MATCH
    TRUE 2
    MATCH

    WHICHARRAY = clients
    WHICHINDEX = 1

    If you can, in C, try doing this!

    if (clients[3] = X[Y]) then
    printf X
    printf Y

    Herc
    --
    www.PROLOGDATABASE.com
    , Oct 5, 2013
  6. BruceS Guest

    On 10/04/2013 07:45 PM, wrote:
    <snip>

    Just to save people a little time, I'll weigh in here. I'm familiar
    with Mr. Cooper. He's a paranoid schizophrenic, who believe he has
    various magical powers. Any attempts he makes at code are going to be
    sophomoric at best, and more likely just laughable. If you're
    interested in attempting to teach him a little bit of software
    development, or the C language, good for you. On the other hand, don't
    be too disappointed when he turns out to be a total loon.

    Oh, and Graham, you still owe Brad $1,000, and you should not threaten
    to poison random people's food. Please take your meds, and stop
    pestering the good folks of c.l.c. until you begin to enter into the
    first edges of understanding of the C language, or at least of software
    development in general. Thank you.
    BruceS, Oct 6, 2013

    On Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:37:04 PM UTC-7, BruceS wrote:
    > On 10/04/2013 07:45 PM, wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > Just to save people a little time, I'll weigh in here. I'm familiar
    >
    > with Mr. Cooper. He's a paranoid schizophrenic, who believe he has
    >
    > various magical powers. Any attempts he makes at code are going to be
    >
    > sophomoric at best, and more likely just laughable. If you're
    >
    > interested in attempting to teach him a little bit of software
    >
    > development, or the C language, good for you. On the other hand, don't
    >
    > be too disappointed when he turns out to be a total loon.
    >

    > Oh, and Graham, you still owe Brad $1,000, and you should not threaten
    >
    > to poison random people's food. Please take your meds, and stop
    >
    > pestering the good folks of c.l.c. until you begin to enter into the
    >
    > first edges of understanding of the C language, or at least of software
    >
    > development in general. Thank you.

    says Bruce the Penne & Teller fanatic who LOST a mindreading test against me
    and has pestered me ever since!

    http://tinyurl.com/1stMindreadingTest
    OK, here it is:

    Trial 1 was a miss, but you changed the protocol after that, so I'll
    skip it.

    A: Original question "Will I find a property in the Southeast to buy
    before March, 2011?"
    Trial 5
    Your guesses: 5, including the right one.

    That makes 7 "hits" and 4 "misses" out of the 11 trials.
    ....about a 5.5% chance of
    doing at least that well.

    BruceS makes his own Home Brew in Trailer Parks! (and usually posts pissed!)

    He owns a Porche outright! by still owing most of his house mortgage!
    and pays it off with mostly between work contracts of
    CAD MACROS!!!!

    Meanwhile... WESTERN MINING CORPORATION, DRILLEX, MINEPRO
    and B.G.C. 5 of the biggest Mining Companies in Australia are
    all running my database software.

    Herc
    --
    I've been quite clear that I did not live in a trailer park
    when I was a "young lad". I lived in one years ago, as an adult.

    BTW! this isn't the last you'll hear on Bruce about me...
    now his slander gets real sinister! just tune out... he's a geriatric
    skeptic sleuth wannabe who thinks he passed the Triple 9 society entrance
    and has stalked me to every group on usenet for 6 years.
    , Oct 7, 2013

    , Oct 7, 2013
  9. BruceS Guest

    On 10/07/2013 02:49 AM, wrote:
    > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:37:04 PM UTC-7, BruceS wrote:
    >> On 10/04/2013 07:45 PM, wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>

    >> Just to save people a little time, I'll weigh in here. I'm familiar
    >>
    >> with Mr. Cooper. He's a paranoid schizophrenic, who believe he has
    >>
    >> various magical powers. Any attempts he makes at code are going to be
    >>
    >> sophomoric at best, and more likely just laughable. If you're
    >>
    >> interested in attempting to teach him a little bit of software
    >>
    >> development, or the C language, good for you. On the other hand, don't
    >>
    >> be too disappointed when he turns out to be a total loon.
    >>

    >> Oh, and Graham, you still owe Brad $1,000, and you should not threaten
    >>
    >> to poison random people's food. Please take your meds, and stop
    >>
    >> pestering the good folks of c.l.c. until you begin to enter into the
    >>
    >> first edges of understanding of the C language, or at least of software
    >>
    >> development in general. Thank you.

    > says Bruce the Penne & Teller fanatic who LOST a mindreading test against me
    > and has pestered me ever since!
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/1stMindreadingTest
    > OK, here it is:
    >
    > Trial 1 was a miss, but you changed the protocol after that, so I'll
    > skip it.
    >
    > A: Original question "Will I find a property in the Southeast to buy
    > before March, 2011?"
    > Trial 5
    > Your guesses: 5, including the right one.
    >
    > That makes 7 "hits" and 4 "misses" out of the 11 trials.
    > ...about a 5.5% chance of
    > doing at least that well.
    >

    > BruceS makes his own Home Brew in Trailer Parks! (and usually posts pissed!)
    >

    > He owns a Porche outright! by still owing most of his house mortgage!
    > and pays it off with mostly between work contracts of
    > CAD MACROS!!!!
    >

    > Meanwhile... WESTERN MINING CORPORATION, DRILLEX, MINEPRO
    > and B.G.C. 5 of the biggest Mining Companies in Australia are
    > all running my database software.
    >

    > Herc
    > --
    > I've been quite clear that I did not live in a trailer park
    > when I was a "young lad". I lived in one years ago, as an adult.
    > BruceS (aus.tv)
    >

    > BTW! this isn't the last you'll hear on Bruce about me...
    > now his slander gets real sinister! just tune out... he's a geriatric
    > skeptic sleuth wannabe who thinks he passed the Triple 9 society entrance
    > and has stalked me to every group on usenet for 6 years.

    Thank you, Graham. I think you've demonstrated your mental illness
    better than I could. As for your claims about me, I find them amusing
    for the most part, so I'll let the gross inaccuracies go on this one.
    BruceS, Oct 7, 2013

    On Monday, October 7, 2013 12:23:55 PM UTC-7, BruceS wrote:
    > On 10/07/2013 02:49 AM, wrote:
    >
    > > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:37:04 PM UTC-7, BruceS wrote:

    > >> On 10/04/2013 07:45 PM, wrote:

    > >> <snip>

    > >> Just to save people a little time, I'll weigh in here. I'm familiar

    > >> with Mr. Cooper. He's a paranoid schizophrenic, who believe he has

    > >> various magical powers. Any attempts he makes at code are going to be

    > >> sophomoric at best, and more likely just laughable. If you're

    > >> interested in attempting to teach him a little bit of software

    > >> development, or the C language, good for you. On the other hand, don't

    > >> be too disappointed when he turns out to be a total loon.

    > >> Oh, and Graham, you still owe Brad $1,000, and you should not threaten

    > >> to poison random people's food. Please take your meds, and stop

    > >> pestering the good folks of c.l.c. until you begin to enter into the

    > >> first edges of understanding of the C language, or at least of software

    > >> development in general. Thank you.

    > > says Bruce the Penne & Teller fanatic who LOST a mindreading test against me

    > > and has pestered me ever since!

    > > http://tinyurl.com/1stMindreadingTest

    > > OK, here it is:

    > > Trial 1 was a miss, but you changed the protocol after that, so I'll

    > > skip it.

    > > A: Original question "Will I find a property in the Southeast to buy

    > > before March, 2011?"

    > > Trial 5

    > > Your guesses: 5, including the right one.

    > > That makes 7 "hits" and 4 "misses" out of the 11 trials.

    > > ...about a 5.5% chance of

    > > doing at least that well.

    > > BruceS makes his own Home Brew in Trailer Parks! (and usually posts pissed!)

    > > He owns a Porche outright! by still owing most of his house mortgage!

    > > and pays it off with mostly between work contracts of

    > > CAD MACROS!!!!

    > > Meanwhile... WESTERN MINING CORPORATION, DRILLEX, MINEPRO

    > > and B.G.C. 5 of the biggest Mining Companies in Australia are

    > > all running my database software.

    > > Herc

    > > --

    > > I've been quite clear that I did not live in a trailer park

    > > when I was a "young lad". I lived in one years ago, as an adult.

    > > BruceS (aus.tv)

    > > BTW! this isn't the last you'll hear on Bruce about me...

    > > now his slander gets real sinister! just tune out... he's a geriatric

    > > skeptic sleuth wannabe who thinks he passed the Triple 9 society entrance

    > > and has stalked me to every group on usenet for 6 years.

    > Thank you, Graham. I think you've demonstrated your mental illness
    >
    > better than I could. As for your claims about me, I find them amusing
    >
    > for the most part, so I'll let the gross inaccuracies go on this one.

    The only MENSA-ERSQUE faculty you exhibit is perpetually twisting
    all of your assertions into obscure Boulderdash and splitting hairs
    on the factual claims about you in some game of ambiguity in the
    reverse fashion.

    I guess "BUYING A PORCHE OUTRIGHT!" while claiming unemployment benefits
    and still paying off your mortgage could do that!

    Meanwhile I have $XX,XXX international wires to work on today..

    Herc
    --
    www.CAMGIRLS.com
    , Oct 8, 2013
  11. BruceS Guest

    As this is completely OT here, I've responded in a more appropriate ng.
    Graham, you know where. Nobody else here cares.
    BruceS, Oct 8, 2013