trying to check the creation date of a file

David Fickbohm

People,

I am trying to determine the creation date of files in a folder.
I am using the following code to find the folder and confirm that files
exist in the folder. If someone could give me an idea how to check a
creation date it would be appreciated.
Thanks
dave

def delete_old_files (t:\dm\~\users)
# find files and delete files created more than XX number of days
ago
update_exist = 0

input_dir = t:\dm\~\users\xxxx.yyyyyy\zzzz

if os.path.exists (input_dir) :
files = os.listdir (input_dir)
else:
print "Unable to find input file dir: %s !!!" % input_dir
sys.exit(2)

if len(files):
for file in files :

file = os.path.join(input_dir) #all files in output
directory will be csv or xls, can be deleted if old enough

if os.path.isfile(file): #need to check ext not file, file
name changes each day
if re.search(t:\dm\~\users\xxxxx\) and #creation date
gt x number of days ago
t:\dm\~\users\davef.input_list.delete(file)

file_delete = 1

if file_delete:

print "\n file deleted: \n%s" %
str(t:\dm\~\users\xxxxx.input_list)