Trying to tie Readbackwards

shumaker

I am a PERL novice. I don't understand this error message, but I'm
guessing it means I'm not including something or perl on my machine
doesn't support this:

Can't locate object method "TIEHANDLE" via package
"File::ReadBackwards" at (eval 2) line 35.

Line 35:
tie *BW, 'File::ReadBackwards', $_ or die "Can't open input file $_
because: $!" ;

$_ holds the filename

This is using activeperl on Windows xp.

Thanks in advance.

Bart Lateur

I am a PERL novice. I don't understand this error message, but I'm
guessing it means I'm not including something or perl on my machine
doesn't support this:

Can't locate object method "TIEHANDLE" via package
"File::ReadBackwards" at (eval 2) line 35.

Line 35:
tie *BW, 'File::ReadBackwards', $_ or die "Can't open input file $_
because: $!" ;

Have you actually loaded (with "use" or "require") the module
File::ReadBackwards?

You may have to install it first. PPM should be able to do it.

shumaker

I think I loaded it properly with ppm. It does work on a standalone
perl script. It seems to be only a problem when running from an SQL
DTS package, which is supposed to be using the activeperl that is
installed on my machine.

shumaker

I had added and then removed the use statement before and had no
affect. Uninstalled then reinstalled perl and added the use statement
back in and now it works.