ttf2svg characters

Discussion in 'XML' started by christoph burgdorfer, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    i use ttf2svg to convert a ttf font into a svg font (glyphs
    definitions) this works fine, except for the special characters. i
    found out, if i use the syntax:

    java batik-ttf2svg.jar Font.ttf -l 30 -h 260 -id Font \
    -o Font.svg -testcard

    it will give me a "cannot find suitable cmap" error. If i add a -ascii
    parameter:

    java batik-ttf2svg.jar Font.ttf -ascii -l 30 -h 260 \
    -id Font -o Font.svg -testcard

    it works fine, except that the glyps are encoded somehow in FM Hex
    (http://wwp-support.info/common/res/FM_SBCS_complete.html -> ä is
    encoded as Š instead of &#xE4) Is there a way of getting the
    standard hex values of the glyphs?

    What could be the problem? Is it my font?

    Thanks for any help!

    Regards,
    Christoph Burgdorfer
    christoph burgdorfer, Dec 17, 2004