  1. Does anyone have experience with TubroVNC?
    I'm having an issue with the refresh rate for 2D vs. 3D. I have posted a sample video illustrating the issue below. As you can see the 2D images do not appear to be refreshing correctly. The 3D background appears real-time and correct.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D92Loml-kY

    New Programmer, Jun 16, 2011

  2. New Programmer

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:32:29 -0700 (PDT), New Programmer
    who said :

    >Does anyone have experience with TubroVNC?
    >I'm having an issue with the refresh rate for 2D vs. 3D. I have posted a sample video illustrating
    > the issue below. As you can see the 2D images do not appear to be refreshing correctly.
    >The 3D background appears real-time and correct.

    I think you mean TurboVNC.

    What else are you doing while this thing is busy rendering? You might
    want to fiddle with thread priorities, and make sure you are not
    meddling with objects the renderer needs.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Jun 16, 2011

  3. In article
    <

    New Programmer <> wrote:

    > Does anyone have experience with TubroVNC? I'm having an issue with
    > the refresh rate for 2D vs. 3D. I have posted a sample video
    > illustrating the issue below. As you can see the 2D images do not
    > appear to be refreshing correctly. The 3D background appears
    > real-time and correct.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D92Loml-kY

    I'm not sure about TurboVNC, but I see that my favorite client has
    preferences to select and order each supported encoding. You might look
    at the trade-offs here:

    <http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19957-01/820-3257/turbovnc.html>

    --
    John B. Matthews