TubroVNC

New Programmer

Does anyone have experience with TubroVNC?
I'm having an issue with the refresh rate for 2D vs. 3D. I have posted a sample video illustrating the issue below. As you can see the 2D images do not appear to be refreshing correctly. The 3D background appears real-time and correct.

Roedy Green

Does anyone have experience with TubroVNC?
I'm having an issue with the refresh rate for 2D vs. 3D. I have posted a sample video illustrating
the issue below. As you can see the 2D images do not appear to be refreshing correctly.
The 3D background appears real-time and correct.

I think you mean TurboVNC.

What else are you doing while this thing is busy rendering? You might
want to fiddle with thread priorities, and make sure you are not
meddling with objects the renderer needs.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

John B. Matthews

<9775d931-9e65-4dd6-b5c9-d53f19d1dbbd@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com
New Programmer said:
Does anyone have experience with TubroVNC? I'm having an issue with
the refresh rate for 2D vs. 3D. I have posted a sample video
illustrating the issue below. As you can see the 2D images do not
appear to be refreshing correctly. The 3D background appears
real-time and correct.

I'm not sure about TurboVNC, but I see that my favorite client has
preferences to select and order each supported encoding. You might look
at the trade-offs here:

<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19957-01/820-3257/turbovnc.html>