Tutorial: Creating Audio Plug-Ins in C++

musikbasteln

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a tutorial series on how to create audio plug-ins using C++ andthe WDL-OL Framework. I've finished the first 18 posts, covering topics such as creating envelopes, multimode filters, anti-aliased oscillators, LFOsas well as receiving and processing MIDI and GUI programming. Basically we're building a subtractive synthesizer from scratch. Here's the table of contents:

http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/tags/making_audio_plugins.html

Of course the whole thing is free (donations accepted). I hope this is useful and I'm happy about any feedback :)

Have a nice evening.

Martin

alf.p.steinbach

I'm writing a tutorial series on how to create audio plug-ins using C++ and the WDL-OL Framework. I've finished the first 18 posts, covering topics such as creating envelopes, multimode filters, anti-aliased oscillators, LFOs as well as receiving and processing MIDI and GUI programming. Basically we're building a subtractive synthesizer from scratch. Here's the table of contents:

http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/tags/making_audio_plugins.html

Of course the whole thing is free (donations accepted). I hope this is useful and I'm happy about any feedback :)

This sounds very interesting to me, since I like both C++ programming and playing the guitar. I'd play the piano too if I had one, but, I have neitherroom for it nor the moneys to buy one. And in that regard, is there a FREEhost program one can use for the plug-in examples (possibly suitably adapted)?

As I understand it at least Ableton is very much not free?

Cheers, & thanks,

- Alf
Have a nice evening.

Yup! :)