    The data is being stored in an xml file. So I need it to be in special html
    code to be rendered from xsl file on page load. As well, C# is the language.

    TIA Aaron
    me, May 25, 2005

  2. me wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am wondering if there is a specific site/page that would show how to scan
    > input from a textfield and look for and convert certian characters in too
    > special html code.
    > The example text input would be like this:
    >
    > The stories of stem cell research <a
    > href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050523/ap_on_go_co/congress_stem_cells">I
    > s Heating Up in DC</a>; but in New York<a
    > href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/23/nyregion/23stem.html">Cities get
    > monies for research</a>
    >
    > The data is being stored in an xml file. So I need it to be in special html
    > code to be rendered from xsl file on page load. As well, C# is the language.
    >

    > TIA Aaron

    You definitely would use regular expressions to search and replace text.
    http://regexlib.com is one of the best resources if you know something
    about them, otherwise start in MSDN.

    What are you trying to do here, tho? I don't understand. Are you
    trying to store this input, like in the example, in XML? If so, just
    wrap it in a CDATA section. But are you then trying to do some munging
    via XSL on the 'way out' of the file to the page/HTML? Don't understand
    this latter part either.

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET