twisted jabber and xmlstream

Operation Latte Thunder

I am playing around with Jabber with Twisted. I can receive messages just
fine, and thats great, however, I am a bit confused about how to actually
_send_ messages. From what I've seen, I need to call send() on the
xmlstream I get when I am auth'd... and thats where I get stuck. Do I
need to create the jabber message documents myself, or are there factory
methods that create message, presence, iq, etc messages for me.

Better yet, does anybody have an example on the web somewhere?

/goes back to staring at the XmlStream API doc...

TIA

Sylvain Thenault

I am playing around with Jabber with Twisted. I can receive messages just
fine, and thats great, however, I am a bit confused about how to actually
_send_ messages. From what I've seen, I need to call send() on the
xmlstream I get when I am auth'd... and thats where I get stuck. Do I
need to create the jabber message documents myself, or are there factory
methods that create message, presence, iq, etc messages for me.

you have to create jabber elements by yourself, using the
twisted.xish.domish package.
Better yet, does anybody have an example on the web somewhere?

you can find some examples in our fatima project, a jabber bot testing
client, available at http://www.logilab.org/projects/fatima/0.1
You'll find a jabber.py module in the distribution containing jabber
related code.

hope that helps