Twisted Matrix and Python Scripts

Fazer

Hello,

I am very interested in fooling around with Twisted Matrix's HTTP Web
Server. I was thinking if .rpy scripts would run much faster than
traditional CGI scripts?

After looking how asynchronous Twisted's framework really is, I have
been interested in it.

Thanks,

Andrew Bennetts

Hello,

I am very interested in fooling around with Twisted Matrix's HTTP Web
Server. I was thinking if .rpy scripts would run much faster than
traditional CGI scripts?

They'll generally be much faster, because there's no need to start a fresh
python process for every request.

It's worth noting, though, that .rpy scripts aren't meant to be Twisted
equivalent of CGI scripts; they should simply create and configure a
twisted.web.resource.Resource (or subclass thereof). If your .rpy is more
than 10 lines, you're almost certainly using it the wrong way... see
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/web-development.
After looking how asynchronous Twisted's framework really is, I have
been interested in it.

By the way, you might find you have better luck with Twisted questions on
the Twisted mailing list, (e-mail address removed). Not all of the
Twisted people read comp.lang.python regularly.

-Andrew.