two applications sharing same users

xke

My question is, using aspnet membership model, can I have the same
users but with different roles assigned per application ?

I know two application can share the users by having the same appname
in web.config but the question I'd like to ask is if they can have
different roles based on the application.

Thanks,
xke

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes and no.

By the default implementation, you ahve to dupe the users and assign new
roles, which makes them different users. You can, however, create your own
providers, which can be set up however you wish. You will have to unlink the
user table from the app table to accomplish what you desire, but you can
customize however you desire.