two column irritation

aljones

dorayme said:
Well, it does not matter. It is a line containing a bit of
information in small print. And it is at the bottom of your main
content. It is no big deal. People get very quickly used to the
style within a site as long as it is consistent and sensible.
Were it consistently there I'd agree, it might look a bit odd but it
would be consistent. As it was, pages which had more content than the
navbar put the footer 'where it belonged' (under both of them); pages
which had less content, put it only under the content pain <sic!>

dorayme

aljones said:
Were it consistently there I'd agree, it might look a bit odd but it
would be consistent. As it was, pages which had more content than the
navbar put the footer 'where it belonged' (under both of them); pages
which had less content, put it only under the content pain <sic!>

I am doing all this in abstract and not looking closely at your
site. You won't use a table (which will solve this problem good
and proper for you). I would imagine you can solve the footer
problem, you could look at

<http://sn2.com.au>

There is a footer there and it is cleared. Seems ok to me not to
fuss beyond this. There is no big sense of unequal cols, no
tables here and perhaps a simpler design than you have in mind?

Al, if you go to tables, there are social advantages: not being
so stuffy or pure, you will be allowed into some interesting html
low light, jazzy, not very "proper" nightclubs where the drinking
is hard and fast, the boys swell, the girls gorgeous, the
laughter hearty and the music sweet. And your health will
improve. I am worried about how your face is turning blue (I know
you laughed this off, but it is quite serious. At least where I
come from, green is the colour of fine health and blue is when
there is not too long to go)