two components with the same id can't be added to the application

Guest

Hi all,

I have a ASP.net VB 2.0 application with AJAX Control Toolkit (updated just
some minutes ago to latest 10618 from 18. June 2007). Initially everything
works fine: I have an overview page, click on a link and a new window opens.
Within the new window I have another button where a new child-window opens
(by using JavaScript). In the child window I make a selection and click "OK".
The child window closes and my parent window will be updated automatically.
But now an error appears saying:

"Two components with the same ID
'ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_InitiatorSelectionExtender' can't be added to the
application." (Screenshot:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1881/twocomponentswithsameidwk7.jpg)

As said the initial load works fine, problem just appears after closing the
newly opened child-window and the following update of the parent window. I
use several AJAX Controls on my page (3 ListSearchExtender, 2
CalendarExtender, 2 MaskedEditExtender and 4 Animation Extender), the
"InitiatorSelectionExtender" is a listSearchExtender.

Of course I've searched the net for this problem and found some interesting
pages, but:
(http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=10945) ListSearchExtender does not have this.id
(http://forums.asp.net/p/1094818/1649900.aspx) My Extenders are not hidden.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!!

Guest

Hi all,

after several hours of debugging :-\ there are 2 facts which might be of
interest:

1. The modal window is called with this piece of code:
AddActionLog.Attributes.Remove("onclick")
AddActionLog.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"window.open('LogComment.aspx?TaskID=" & TaskID.ToString & _
"&TaskTitle=" & Trim(Subject.Text) & "&CommentType=ActionLog', 'ActionLog',
'width=800,height=600,scrollbars=yes')")
Clicking on the LinkButton will call the Page_Load twice: First before the
modal window appears, and second after the modal window is closed (by click
on "Save").

2. The error message does NOT appear when I set a breakpoint to the
Page_Load of the main form and then just wait about 20 seconds....?

Maybe these 2 are the causes? Because the page_load is called twice the
controls are also built twice and without a breakpoint the first one is not
killed before the second one is created?