Two different IDE in the same computer

Roberto Faenza

Hello to evribody! m Fabio From rome.

My questions are thats:

1. Can I put two different IDE (netbeans IDE and Eclipse IDE) with 2 Servers
like JBoss and WebSphere in the same computer? The 2 jdk (those from
netbeans and
those from eclipse) can creates problems?

2. I have netbeans and I work with JBOSS, do I have to change server and ide
and
work with eclipse and Webspeher or netbeans and JBoss are good too?

thank you for the answers
: )

Fabio

p.s.
Excuse for my bad English!
: |

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Roberto said:
1. Can I put two different IDE (netbeans IDE and Eclipse IDE) with 2 Servers
like JBoss and WebSphere in the same computer? The 2 jdk (those from
netbeans and
those from eclipse) can creates problems?

2. I have netbeans and I work with JBOSS, do I have to change server and ide
and
work with eclipse and Webspeher or netbeans and JBoss are good too?

I think most Java developers has more than one IDE on their PC.

Some of them also has more than one app server.

JDK's and IDE's is not a problem.

I strongly suggest only starting one app server at a time.

IDE's and app servers should be mixable any way.

BTW, if you use the IDE to write code and build and deploy
via ant, then the IDE's and app servers are totally
decoupled.

I can recommend that.

Arne

Roberto Faenza

Arne Vajhøj said:
I think most Java developers has more than one IDE on their PC.

Some of them also has more than one app server.

JDK's and IDE's is not a problem.

I strongly suggest only starting one app server at a time.

IDE's and app servers should be mixable any way.

BTW, if you use the IDE to write code and build and deploy
via ant, then the IDE's and app servers are totally
decoupled.

I can recommend that.

Arne

Thank you! WOW, in only three minutes I Have a good answer!

Thanks!

: )

Luc The Perverse

Arne Vajhøj said:
I think most Java developers has more than one IDE on their PC.

I have always kept one simple IDE for dealing with single file "projects"
and use it for basically nothing but not retyping the command line every
time and for jumping to line numbers of errors.

And then another IDE for working with larger projects.