Type Mismatch

johnsonch

I am trying to check to see if there is a value in a varbinary datatype in
sql2000 and asp.

If rs("value") = "" then is what I am trying to do but I get an error
"800a000d" Type mismatch

Please help

-Chris

Dave Anderson

johnsonch said:
I am trying to check to see if there is a value in a varbinary
datatype in sql2000 and asp.

If rs("value") = "" then is what I am trying to do but I get an error
"800a000d" Type mismatch

What do you expect? There is no implicit conversion from any character type
(CHAR, VARCHAR, NCHAR, NVARCHAR) to VARBINARY.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_ca-co_2f3o.asp

--
Dave Anderson

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Is is null? Try:

If rs.Fields.Item("value").Value & "" = "" Then
'''empty or null
'''your code

Ray at work