"ubygems" load error

Brian Wolf

Hi,I was installing a gem and got this error:

/usr/bin/ruby1.8: no such file to load -- ubygems (LoadError)

thanks
Brian

andrew mcelroy

Hi,I was installing a gem and got this error:

/usr/bin/ruby1.8: no such file to load -- ubygems (LoadError)

Which gem is it?
If that is literally says, then the author of that gem misspelled rubygems.

Otherwise, you have a path issue.

Respectfully,
Andrew mcElroy

Ben Bleything

Which gem is it?
=A0If that is literally says, then the author of that gem misspelled ruby=
gems.

Not exactly. 'ubygems.rb' ship with RubyGems as a convenience. It allows:

ruby -rubygems

rather than

ruby -rrubygems

(note the two r's).

That still doesn't help with the problem though. I can't imagine why
installing a gem would complain about not being able to find ubygems.

Ben

Brian Wolf

Ben said:
Not exactly. 'ubygems.rb' ship with RubyGems as a convenience. It
allows:

ruby -rubygems

rather than

ruby -rrubygems

(note the two r's).

That still doesn't help with the problem though. I can't imagine why
installing a gem would complain about not being able to find ubygems.

Ben

Hi,

The gem is ffi, which is pretty widely used I think, for calls to C
libraries.
I put an issue in with the authors. I don't have much ruby
experience,so it might be something I'm doing.

Brian

jeljer te Wies

is it maybe ruby1.9 only?
I see in your command ruby1.8 so that could be the problem?

I could be wrong (probably) but just try to help.

Greets Jeljer