UI Process Application Block

col head

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the configuration in the MS
provided UI Process Application Block.
I have a feeling that the UI application block itself has
the session state (task) management designed as a
fundamental part of the block. Is there anyway for me to
actually turn the sessionState in web.config to
mode="Off" to turn off the sessionState in the UI
Processing Application block?. The reason why I want to
do that is so that I can use the block without needing a
SQL server. But it appears that I have to be connected to
a SQL server unless I turn the state management to Off
right? Is it at all possible to have state management
without actually having a connection to any SQL servers?
I have a feeling that I might be missing some concepts
here. Can anyone advise me on these points?
Thanks in advance.

Natty Gur

Hi,

If you look in the AB documentation you will found that the state
persistence provider support several providers (asp.net session, memory,
SQL and custom). so you can switch to ASP.NET or memory provider. The
block contains examples for each and every provider.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377