Unable to connect to SQL Server database.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by James, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Hello

    I am new to ASP and I am using ASP.Net Visual Web Developer Express Edition.

    I have been following 'How To' videos online and I am currently trying to
    add Login forms.

    When I first go to add a Role, by clicking on the ASP.Net Configuration
    button, then select Security like it shows me in the video, it waits for a
    long time then comes up with:

    There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
    invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
    also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
    button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
    store.

    The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect
    to SQL Server database.

    Can anyone shed some light on to why this is happening as I cannot find
    anything about it anywhere.

    Many thanks

    James

    James, Oct 3, 2006

  2. James wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am new to ASP and I am using ASP.Net Visual Web Developer Express
    > Edition.

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 3, 2006

  3. James

    James Guest

    Sorry,

    As I am new and the program I use is called Web Developer I saw this group
    first.

    I shall repost in apropriate group.

    Thanks

    James