Unable to install .NET 1.1 on my Vista 32bit

Guest

A software I use requires .Net 1.1 to be instaled for it to work. However I
am unable to install .Net 1.1 on my Vista Business.

The installation will proceed smoothly until it reaches "Registering
System.EnterpriseServices.dll" whereby the following window with the message
will appear:

RegSvcs.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Process id=0xe50 (3664), Thread id=0xd44 (3396).

Click OK ti terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application

Clicking OK will cancel the installation while clicking CANCEL produces more
errors:

RegSvcs.exe - No debugger found

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT
debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (s).
Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xe50

Please help

Sincerely,