Unable to load any aspx page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by akhila.deshpande@gmail.com, Jun 6, 2006.

    I am not able to open any asp.net project.
    In browser If i type "http://localhost/petshop" Nothing happens.

    I am not able to load any aspx page in browser also
    I get error "The XML page cannot be displayed "

    IIS is working fine. I can open localhost and browse html document.

    The OS is windows 2000. and visual studio 2005. couple of days earlier
    everything was working fine, I could create browse and debug any
    asp.net project. But now i am not able to open any aspx in the browser.

    I reinstalled the aspnet. it did not help.

    In event log I used to get following message.
    The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account
    'Machinename\ASPNET' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown
    user name or bad password.

    I changed aspnet to administrator. and even tried to change password
    for anonymous access for the virtual directory.
    Now I am not getting the errors but browser still does not show any
    thing.

    any help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks and regards,
    , Jun 6, 2006

  2. I believe this problem can be solved by using the aspnet_iisreg.exe :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325093

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 7, 2006

    Re: Unable to load any aspx page (ASP.NET and COM+ problem?)

    Thanks for your response.
    I used aspnet_iisreg -i many times. it did not help
    I reinstalled IIS and ran aspnet_iisreg, no solution
    I reinstalled the framework. the problem was not solved
    I reinstalled the visual studio. no change
    finally I reinsalled windows. fine then i could run the web
    project.
    The whole thing was working fine.

    but now i am getting the same problem again!!
    Problem definition
    " when ever I try to open the any asp web page or control f5
    IE opens up.. and it remains for nearly 10-15 minutes at "Opening page
    http://localhost/website" and comes up with error.. "

    the problem could be..
    1. I developed a com+ server (Enterprise services).
    2. Added its reference to the web project
    3. and called a function in it.

    after i ran this project, the problem has reoccured. is it possible
    that, when ASP.net calls any com+ component it resets some parameter,
    because of which I am not able to run any other web project??

    thanks and regards.

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > I believe this problem can be solved by using the aspnet_iisreg.exe :
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325093

    ..
    , Jun 9, 2006
  4. Re: Unable to load any aspx page (ASP.NET and COM+ problem?)

    wrote:
    > Thanks for your response.
    > I used aspnet_iisreg -i many times. it did not help
    > I reinstalled IIS and ran aspnet_iisreg, no solution
    > I reinstalled the framework. the problem was not solved
    > I reinstalled the visual studio. no change
    > finally I reinsalled windows. fine then i could run the web
    > project.
    > The whole thing was working fine.
    >
    > but now i am getting the same problem again!!
    > Problem definition
    > " when ever I try to open the any asp web page or control f5
    > IE opens up.. and it remains for nearly 10-15 minutes at "Opening page
    > http://localhost/website" and comes up with error.. "
    >
    > the problem could be..
    > 1. I developed a com+ server (Enterprise services).
    > 2. Added its reference to the web project
    > 3. and called a function in it.
    >
    > after i ran this project, the problem has reoccured. is it possible
    > that, when ASP.net calls any com+ component it resets some parameter,
    > because of which I am not able to run any other web project??

    Sorry, but i have not run into this (fortunately). If you get no replies
    here, you should try posting to the .inetserver.iis group.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 10, 2006