Unable to load any aspx page

akhila.deshpande

Hi,
I am not able to open any asp.net project.
In browser If i type "http://localhost/petshop" Nothing happens.

I am not able to load any aspx page in browser also
I get error "The XML page cannot be displayed "

IIS is working fine. I can open localhost and browse html document.

The OS is windows 2000. and visual studio 2005. couple of days earlier
everything was working fine, I could create browse and debug any
asp.net project. But now i am not able to open any aspx in the browser.

I reinstalled the aspnet. it did not help.

In event log I used to get following message.
The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account
'Machinename\ASPNET' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown
user name or bad password.

I changed aspnet to administrator. and even tried to change password
for anonymous access for the virtual directory.
Now I am not getting the errors but browser still does not show any
thing.

any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks and regards,

akhila.deshpande

Thanks for your response.
I used aspnet_iisreg -i many times. it did not help
I reinstalled IIS and ran aspnet_iisreg, no solution
I reinstalled the framework. the problem was not solved
I reinstalled the visual studio. no change
finally I reinsalled windows. fine then i could run the web
project.
The whole thing was working fine.

but now i am getting the same problem again!!
Problem definition
" when ever I try to open the any asp web page or control f5
IE opens up.. and it remains for nearly 10-15 minutes at "Opening page
http://localhost/website" and comes up with error.. "

the problem could be..
1. I developed a com+ server (Enterprise services).
2. Added its reference to the web project
3. and called a function in it.

after i ran this project, the problem has reoccured. is it possible
that, when ASP.net calls any com+ component it resets some parameter,
because of which I am not able to run any other web project??

thanks and regards.
I believe this problem can be solved by using the aspnet_iisreg.exe :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325093
..

Bob Barrows [MVP]

[...]

Sorry, but i have not run into this (fortunately). If you get no replies
here, you should try posting to the .inetserver.iis group.