Unable to load tag handler class "com.cj.smtp.Sendmail" for tag "send:Sendmail"

Discussion in 'Java' started by sugapablo, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. sugapablo

    sugapablo Guest

    I'm getting the following error trying to send email from my JSP page:
    Unable to load tag handler class "com.cj.smtp.Sendmail" for tag
    "send:Sendmail"

    This was a script transferred from one server to another. It worked
    fine on our old server, running tomcat4, but is failing on the new
    server running tomcat5.

    Here's a sample page that is failing:

    [begin code]
    <%@page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java"
    import="java.sql.*,java.util.Properties,java.util.Date,java.text.*"%>

    <%@ taglib uri="WEB-INF/jsp/taglib11.tld" prefix="send" %>
    <send:Sendmail
    host="xxxx.xxxxxxxxx.com"
    domain="xxxxxxxxx.com"
    port="25"
    from=""
    to=""
    subject="Test 1:" >

    Test 1 2 3

    </send:Sendmail>
    [end code]

    WEB-INF/jsp/taglib11.tld is there, it's in the right place, it's able
    to be read. I can't figure out what else to look for.

    Any ideas?

    sugapablo, Sep 21, 2007