Unable to read from config file

Guest

Hi,

I am using the UnitTest Framework provided in Visual Studio 2005. I have
created a seprate project/test assembly which contains all my unit tests for
testing all the methods of another assembly. I cannot however seem to read
the connection string of the DB from the config file of the assembly which is
to be tested. I have placed the the config file of the assembly to be tested
in the bin/debug folder, root folder and the main project folder but still
had no luck.Please suggest a work around for this problem.

Guest

I have not tried the unit test framework you are talking about but my guess
is that it will work if you put the connection string in the config file of
the unit test .exe file. The name of the config file must always match the
name of the running .exe and it must be placed in the .exe folder.

HTH, Jakob.