Unable to redirect when using custom 'Login' with custom 'Membership provider'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by asnowfall@gmail.com, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    After logging in, I am not able to redirect to the target url; and
    this happens only when I connect to the website using "http://machine-
    name:portname"; but not if I connect using either "http://IP:portname"
    or "http://localhost:portname"

    Web site has custom 'Login control' and custom 'Membership provider';
    and I do not have access to 'Login control' control code.
    MembershipProvider::Validateuser() is returning true irrespective of
    URL. Webserver is not part of any AD domain and is just a workgroup.
    When it fails to redirect, it does not display any error but just a
    blank page.

    Login.aspx.cs
    ----------------------
    <%@ Register Assembly="MyControlLibrary" Namespace="MyControlLibrary"
    TagPrefix="cc1" %>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <cc1:MyLogin ID="MyLogin1" runat="server" BrandName="abc"
    ProductName="Abc" DestinationPageUrl="~/target.aspx">
    </cc1:MyLogin>
    </form>

    Web.config
    ------------------
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="Web_GUI" loginUrl="login.aspx"/>
    </authentication>

    <membership defaultProvider="MyMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <add enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    applicationName="MyMembershipProvider" requiresUniqueEmail="true"
    passwordFormat="Hashed"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1"
    passwordAttemptWindow="10"
    passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" name="MyMembershipProvider"
    type="MyMembershipProvider"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    Is this because I have not configured the trusted-site correctly in
    IE?

    Thanks
    Ramesh

    , Jun 5, 2007