UnauthorizedAccessException by activating integrated authentification

Klaus Ballmann

Hi,

I develop a webservice, which will be used by a small vba access client.
The webservice reads some files in a network-share-folder. There is no
domain, so I created two users with same name and password.
I enabled only basic authentification in IIS and access the webservice via
MSXML 3.0

Set objSendServerXML = New MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP30
objSendServerXML.Open "POST", "https://bla/blub/" , True, "Username",
"Password"

I use impersonate=true and the webservice can access the network-files, but
I can't debug the webservice with basic-authentification.
If I activate integrated windows authentification, I can debug, but .net
reports UnauthorizedAccessException,
when the service tries to read the network files. I log
WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name and WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent
().AuthenticationType...
The vba client still authentificates by basic-authentification and the log
looks similar to me... but where is the difference?!!!!

Thanks in advance

Regards
Klaus

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

This is known as a double-hop issue. With IWA, your security context can't
hop to a second machine unless Kerberos delegation is enabled. A Google
search on those terms will yield many hits and solutions.

Joe K.