    running into two different VM (two different OS process)?

    thanks
    from Peter ()
    Peter, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Peter

    Chris Smith Guest

    Peter <> wrote:
    > This article http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=47362&DE=1 told
    > me everything is processed inside one virtual machine running in one
    > operating system process, so there is no Isolation in Java. So Java is
    > not suitable for building high availability application.

    That article is quite superficial and misleading. May I suggest that
    you read:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

    for an example of how people are solving this problem quite well without
    the JDJ author's rather extreme approach (rewriting the virtual machine
    based on CDC!?!)

    > If i run a program like "java -jar peter.jar" two times, are they
    > running into two different VM (two different OS process)?

    Yes, they are. No worries there. The JDJ author is worried about
    server-side app frameworks such as servlet containers and EJB
    containers, which can almost universally be clustered to achieve high
    availability with no negative impact toward users.

    Unfortuantely, some people see one way of doing things, get sold on it,
    and then refuse to believe that any other possible answer is sufficient.
    That appears to be the case here.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation