"undefined method in 'targetnamespace='" in wsdl/import afterupgrading to Snow Leopard/1.8.7

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bill, Nov 11, 2009.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I upgraded to Snow Leopard this morning and the 1.8.7 wsdlDriver suite
    doesn't like a wsdl file that 1.8.6 processed fine.

    I'm running this call:
    SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new("https://api.yieldmanager.com/api-1.30/
    contact.php?wsdl").create_rpc_driver

    But when it tries to parse the 2nd line (<wsdl:import
    namespace="http://api.yieldmanager.com/types" location="xsd_gen.php"/
    >) it throws the following error:

    NoMethodError: undefined method `targetnamespace=' for
    #<WSDL::XMLSchema::Schema:0x8174b8b0>
    method parse_attr in import.rb at line 44
    method decode_tag in parser.rb at line 143
    method each in parser.rb at line 139
    method decode_tag in parser.rb at line 139
    method start_element in parser.rb at line 84
    method start_element in parser.rb at line 67
    method tag_start in rexmlparser.rb at line 34
    method parse in streamparser.rb at line 24
    method parse_stream in document.rb at line 201
    method do_parse in rexmlparser.rb at line 27
    method parse in parser.rb at line 65
    method parse in importer.rb at line 29
    method import in importer.rb at line 31
    method import in importer.rb at line 18
    method import in wsdlDriver.rb at line 124
    method initialize in wsdlDriver.rb at line 28
    method new in yield_manager.rb at line 40
    method client_for in yield_manager.rb at line 40
    method start_session in yield_manager.rb at line 56
    method session in yield_manager.rb at line 47
    method find_by_description in vurl_lookup.rb at line 15
    method test_find_by_description in vurl_lookup_test.rb at line 12

    The URL of the xsd_gen file is https://api.yieldmanager.com/api-1.30/xsd_gen.php

    After much digging, I discovered that commenting-out this block from
    wsdl/import.rb (lines 43-45):

    if @content
    @content.targetnamespace = @namespace
    end

    ....allows the file to parse normally and my request to complete.
    However, the files don't appear to have changed between the 1.8.6
    release I was using and the 1.8.7 that comes with Snow Leopard, or if
    they have I can't find the change.

    Any clue as to what might have changed and how I can move this fix out
    of the library and into my client? If it's non-standard XML, I'd like
    to point it out to their tech support team.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bill
    Bill, Nov 11, 2009