undefined symbol?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Nemtos, May 9, 2005.

  1. Nemtos

    Nemtos Guest

    Hi,

    I upgraded my laptop from RH9 to Fedora 3 yesterday. It seems to have a
    problem with an undefined symbol in Python. Specifically, if I try to run
    system-config-packages, I get the following error:

    Unable to import gtk module. This may be due to running without
    $DISPLAY set. Exception was:
    /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_gtk.so: undefined symbol:
    gtk_font_button_set_show_style

    I get similar errors running other system-config-* applications.

    I have python 2.3.4-13.1, pygtk2-2.4.0-1 and gtk2-2.4.14-3.fc3. Still the
    error message above refers to a library in the Python sub-directory named
    gtk-2.0: could that be the problem? What am I missing here?
    (Note that DISPLAY is correctly set to :0.0)

    hint/help/solution would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nemtos

    Nemtos, May 9, 2005