    and all other possible variations with alt/shift/ctrl. :)

    Thanks for your help.
    Tom
    Tom, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Hi,

    > Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
    > you use. That would probably also help.

    I use Xemacs, and do it with "Ctrl-c <"
    I don't know about Emacs on Windows, but the "GNU Emacs FAQ For Windows"
    can probably help you with this:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

    HTH,
    Andreas
    Andreas Kuntzagk, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Tom

    Ulrich Petri Guest

    "Tom" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > it doesn't work with any editor that I tried. The one I use on a regular
    > basis is the standard python IDLE. Sometimes I also use the editor of
    > pythonwin and Boa-Constructor.
    >
    > Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
    > you use. That would probably also help.
    >
    > Thank you, Tom.

    I use UltraEdit-32. There it works with Shift-Tab.

    Ciao Ulrich
    Ulrich Petri, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Tom <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > it doesn't work with any editor that I tried. The one I use on a regular
    > basis is the standard python IDLE. Sometimes I also use the editor of
    > pythonwin and Boa-Constructor.
    >
    > Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
    > you use. That would probably also help.
    >
    > Thank you, Tom.

    I had to change IDLE a bit for it to work. In Python path, go to
    Tools/idle and edit AutoIndent.py. Find windows_keydefs or unix_keydefs
    depending on your platform and change "<<dedent-region>>"-line to:

    '<<dedent-region>>': ['<Shift-Key-Tab>'],
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hannu_Kankaanp=E4=E4?=, Jul 2, 2003