undo tab

Tom

Hi,

as we all know we need tabs if we use for, if ... commands. Sometimes I
find an easier way to do something and I can get rid of one or more for,
if ... loops. Unfortunately I couldn't find a convenient way to get rid
of the now unnecessary tabs. I am looking for something as convenient as
inserting tabs (mark everything and push the tab key). I tried shift+tab
and all other possible variations with alt/shift/ctrl. :)

Thanks for your help.
Tom

Ulrich Petri

Tom said:
Hi,

it doesn't work with any editor that I tried. The one I use on a regular
basis is the standard python IDLE. Sometimes I also use the editor of
pythonwin and Boa-Constructor.

Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
you use. That would probably also help.

Thank you, Tom.

I use UltraEdit-32. There it works with Shift-Tab.

Ciao Ulrich

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hannu_Kankaanp=E4=E4?=

Tom said:
Hi,

it doesn't work with any editor that I tried. The one I use on a regular
basis is the standard python IDLE. Sometimes I also use the editor of
pythonwin and Boa-Constructor.

Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
you use. That would probably also help.

Thank you, Tom.

I had to change IDLE a bit for it to work. In Python path, go to
Tools/idle and edit AutoIndent.py. Find windows_keydefs or unix_keydefs
depending on your platform and change "<<dedent-region>>"-line to:

'<<dedent-region>>': ['<Shift-Key-Tab>'],