    Best,
    --
    Adam Twardoch adam{at}twardoch{dot}com http://www.twardoch.com/adam

    Adam Twardoch, Dec 5, 2003

  2. "Adam Twardoch" <> writes:

    > As far as I know, currently, Python only supports Unicode 3.0.

    Well, no. What do you mean with "supports"?

    > That is, for example, the unicodedata module only holds the data
    > from the Unicode Standard version 3.0.

    It's actually version 3.2. OTOH, even Python 2.2 can represent all
    characters from Unicode 4.0 just fine.

    > Since Unicode 4.0 is now released, shouldn't it be included at least
    > in Python 2.4?

    Perhaps. OTOH, at the time Python 2.4 is released, we might have
    Unicode 4.1, or 5.0.

    Apart from that, any patch to update the data base must be careful not
    to break the stringprep module, which works correctly only if the
    database is Unicode 3.2.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=, Dec 5, 2003