Unicode Chars in Windows Path

Steve

Hi All,

I'm in need of some encoding/decoding help for a situation for a Windows Path that contains Unicode characters in it.

import os.path
import codecs
import sys

All_Tests = [u"c:\automation_common\Python\TestCases\list_dir_script.txt"]

for curr_test in All_Tests:
print("\n raw : " + repr(curr_test) + "\n")
print("\n encode : %s \n\n" ) % os.path.normpath(codecs.encode(curr_test, "ascii"))
print("\n decode : %s \n\n" ) % curr_test.decode('string_escape')