Unicode Charts

Discussion in 'XML' started by Dominic Olivastro, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. Hi All:

    I have to pull text in an XML document. The text is filled with special
    characters mapped to hex, eg, "" which I have to translate as simply
    "a" or possibly something like "[.a-grave.]"

    I was thinking of creating a table that had all the codes in the document
    and then translating them by hand through various sources I found on the
    web, but there are well over 400 of them.

    Two questions:
    1. Is my "table-approach" the way to go?
    2. If so, is there a place to get all the codes in one place, preferably
    something I can download and just plop into my table?

    Thanks
    Dom

    --
    Dominic Olivastro
    CHI Research, Inc

    web: http://www.ChiResearch.com
    fax: 1-856-546-9633
    voice: 1-856-546-0600 (ext 224)
    email:

    Dominic Olivastro, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Dominic Olivastro

    Ashmodai Guest

    Dominic Olivastro scribbled something along the lines of:

    > Hi All:
    >
    > I have to pull text in an XML document. The text is filled with special
    > characters mapped to hex, eg, "" which I have to translate as simply
    > "a" or possibly something like "[.a-grave.]"
    >
    > I was thinking of creating a table that had all the codes in the document
    > and then translating them by hand through various sources I found on the
    > web, but there are well over 400 of them.
    >
    > Two questions:
    > 1. Is my "table-approach" the way to go?
    > 2. If so, is there a place to get all the codes in one place, preferably
    > something I can download and just plop into my table?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dom

    Just so you know. 400 is well less than what there really is. The
    unicode charts have a range well above one million characters. Luckily
    there's a lot of gaps.

    http://www.unicode.org/charts/

    --
    Alan Plum, WAD/WD, Mushroom Cloud Productions
    http://www.mushroom-cloud.com/

    Ashmodai, Apr 17, 2004