Unicode Charts

Dominic Olivastro

Hi All:

I have to pull text in an XML document. The text is filled with special
characters mapped to hex, eg, "" which I have to translate as simply
"a" or possibly something like "[.a-grave.]"

I was thinking of creating a table that had all the codes in the document
and then translating them by hand through various sources I found on the
web, but there are well over 400 of them.

Two questions:
1. Is my "table-approach" the way to go?
2. If so, is there a place to get all the codes in one place, preferably
something I can download and just plop into my table?

Thanks
Dom

--
Dominic Olivastro
CHI Research, Inc

web: http://www.ChiResearch.com
fax: 1-856-546-9633
voice: 1-856-546-0600 (ext 224)
email: (e-mail address removed)

Ashmodai

Dominic Olivastro scribbled something along the lines of:
Hi All:

I have to pull text in an XML document. The text is filled with special
characters mapped to hex, eg, "" which I have to translate as simply
"a" or possibly something like "[.a-grave.]"

I was thinking of creating a table that had all the codes in the document
and then translating them by hand through various sources I found on the
web, but there are well over 400 of them.

Two questions:
1. Is my "table-approach" the way to go?
2. If so, is there a place to get all the codes in one place, preferably
something I can download and just plop into my table?

Thanks
Dom

Just so you know. 400 is well less than what there really is. The
unicode charts have a range well above one million characters. Luckily
there's a lot of gaps.

http://www.unicode.org/charts/