unicode display

Tommy

I use MSSQL2000 with nvarchar to store foreign language e.g. Simplified
Chinese or Japanese and thse records can be well displayed via Query
Analyzer.
Now, using asp to select record and display. It found that the code can be
in "code". I put "<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
charset="utf-8">" in the page. but fail too. I also tried to change "decode"
via IE with different code but fail.
I guess the problem that the unicode content is extracted from database but
wrongly decoded in page so the code is modified.
How to force the displayed code from database to webpage is in Utf-8?
Thanks.