Unicode problem with ActivePerl 5.6.0 b623

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Jesper Bork, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Jesper Bork

    Jesper Bork Guest

    I have a large Perl application which I'm trying to port from ActivePerl
    5.005 series to 5.6 series, however, while most things works as usual, I get
    the following error message

    Can't find unicode character property definition via main->r or r.pl at
    unicode/Is/r.pl line 0

    when invoking the method below

    sub getFileCodeSection {
    # Create the code section
    # Arguments:
    # 1: Object instance
    # 2: Filename (just in case - probably not used!)
    # Return Value:
    # GOOD: the code section in a string
    # BAD: 0
    my $self = shift;
    my $pathname = shift;
    my ($filename, $type, $code, $keyword, $fullname, $username,
    $classname);
    my ($packagename);

    # Remove the path from filename
    $filename = DapUtil::getFileNameFromPath ($pathname);

    # Get the name of the primary class in the file
    $classname = DapUtil::getFileBaseNameFromPath ($filename);

    # Get the username and fullname of the current user
    $username = $self->{'username'};
    $fullname = $self->{'fullname'};

    # Ask the VersionControlSystem for the Revision Keyword
    if (Environment::isUsingVersionControl ($ENV{'Project_Name'})) {
    $keyword =
    ToolFactory::getCurrentVersionControlSystem()->getRevisionNumberKeyword();
    } else {
    $keyword = '';
    }

    # Generate the package name to be used for this file.
    # The packagename is constructed relative to the "java-code-container"
    directory.
    # The "java-code-container" directory is constructed by looking up the
    path for
    # a directory of a special name. If none of the special names are found,
    then there
    # is not put any "package" statement in the file.
    # The priority of the special names are:
    # 1: src\java
    # 2: src
    # 3: test
    # We search case-insensitively!
    if ($pathname =~ /\\src\\java\\(.+)$/i) {
    # The path following src\java is now in $1
    $packagename = $1;
    } elsif ($pathname =~ /\\src\\(.+)$/i) {
    # The path following src is now in $1
    $packagename = $1;
    } elsif ($pathname =~ /\\test\\(.+)$/i) {
    # The path following test is now in $1
    $packagename = $1;
    } else {
    $packagename = '';
    }

    # Remove filename from rest-path
    $packagename =~ s/\\[^\\]+$//;

    # Exchange backslashes with dots
    $packagename =~ tr/\\/\./;

    if ($packagename ne '') {
    $code = "package $packagename;\n\n";
    }

    $code .= <<"MARK";
    /*---
    Imports -------------------------------------------------------------*/

    /*---
    Classes -------------------------------------------------------------*/

    /**
    * Interface description.
    *
    * \@see java.lang.Object
    * \@author $fullname ($username)
    * \@version $keyword
    *
    **/
    public interface $classname

    MARK

    return $code;
    }

    The method above does not imply any use of Unicode to me, however, it is
    correct that no r.pl file exists - they seem only to exist for a certain
    subset of characters - I've looked through the ActivePerl 5.6.1 build 635
    and no r.pl exists there neither.

    Any ideas, hints ?!

    best regards,
    Jesper Bork