uninterruptible Socket client

Discussion in 'Java' started by chris, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    Hi all,

    Now I'm writing socket client for communication to a server. My
    socket client
    act as a socket server on the other side, receiving data from other
    server, and forwarding
    it to another.
    I wonder, when socket client sending data to a socket server, what
    happen
    when there is a disturb, such as socket server dead ? What happen to
    the data ?
    Is the data get corrupted ? I need to implement an algorithm, where
    data
    sent perfectly, even though socket client disconnected from server. I
    need the client
    can automatically reconnect to server socket, and send data that was
    failed.

    How to implement this feature ?

    chris, Jan 24, 2006

  2. chris

    oczek Guest

    On 1/24/2006 7:02 AM, chris wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Now I'm writing socket client for communication to a server. My
    > socket client
    > act as a socket server on the other side, receiving data from other
    > server, and forwarding
    > it to another.
    > I wonder, when socket client sending data to a socket server, what
    > happen
    > when there is a disturb, such as socket server dead ? What happen to
    > the data ?
    > Is the data get corrupted ? I need to implement an algorithm, where
    > data
    > sent perfectly, even though socket client disconnected from server. I
    > need the client
    > can automatically reconnect to server socket, and send data that was
    > failed.
    >
    > How to implement this feature ?

    usually you'll get exception in that moment so you should
    start sending procedure from the beginning.

    oczek

    oczek, Jan 24, 2006

  3. chris

    chris Guest

    Thanks oczek for your reply. What do you mean by "start sending
    procedure from the beginning ". What I need is a socket application
    that can handle disconnected, and can save the data from being lost.

    chris, Jan 25, 2006