uninterruptible Socket client

chris

Hi all,

Now I'm writing socket client for communication to a server. My
socket client
act as a socket server on the other side, receiving data from other
server, and forwarding
it to another.
I wonder, when socket client sending data to a socket server, what
happen
when there is a disturb, such as socket server dead ? What happen to
the data ?
Is the data get corrupted ? I need to implement an algorithm, where
data
sent perfectly, even though socket client disconnected from server. I
need the client
can automatically reconnect to server socket, and send data that was
failed.

How to implement this feature ?

oczek

Hi all,

Now I'm writing socket client for communication to a server. My
socket client
act as a socket server on the other side, receiving data from other
server, and forwarding
it to another.
I wonder, when socket client sending data to a socket server, what
happen
when there is a disturb, such as socket server dead ? What happen to
the data ?
Is the data get corrupted ? I need to implement an algorithm, where
data
sent perfectly, even though socket client disconnected from server. I
need the client
can automatically reconnect to server socket, and send data that was
failed.

How to implement this feature ?
usually you'll get exception in that moment so you should
start sending procedure from the beginning.

oczek

chris

Thanks oczek for your reply. What do you mean by "start sending
procedure from the beginning ". What I need is a socket application
that can handle disconnected, and can save the data from being lost.