unittest

Zunbeltz Izaola

Hi,

I am using unittest for the first time. I have read chapter 7 of dive into
pyhton (Unit Test). I have the following code

from spacegroup import *
import pygroups.misc.matrix as matrix
import unittest

class KnowValues(unittest.TestCase):

KnownRotationMatrices = [
((Rotational3Part([[-1,0,0],[0,1,0],[0,0,-1]])),
(1, -1, 2, matrix.vector([0,1,0])))
]

def TestRotationalPartdeterminant(self):
""" RotationalPart. determinant with known values."""
for i in self.KnownRotationMatrices:
det = i[0].determinant()
self.assertEqual(det,i[1][0])

if __name__ == "__main__":
unittest.main()

but when i run this scrip i get the following output

Ran 0 tests in 0.000s

OK

Why the test didn't run? any idea?

TIA

Zunbeltz

Skip Montanaro

Zunbeltz> class KnowValues(unittest.TestCase):

Zunbeltz> KnownRotationMatrices = [
Zunbeltz> ((Rotational3Part([[-1,0,0],[0,1,0],[0,0,-1]])),
Zunbeltz> (1, -1, 2, matrix.vector([0,1,0])))
Zunbeltz> ]

Zunbeltz> def TestRotationalPartdeterminant(self):
Zunbeltz> """ RotationalPart. determinant with known values."""
Zunbeltz> for i in self.KnownRotationMatrices:
Zunbeltz> det = i[0].determinant()
Zunbeltz> self.assertEqual(det,i[1][0])

Zunbeltz> if __name__ == "__main__":
Zunbeltz> unittest.main()

Zunbeltz> but when i run this scrip i get the following output

Try renaming your test case method "test_rotational_partdeterminant".

Skip

David Goodger

Zunbeltz said:
> Tnaks, why is this so?

From the fine manual
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/minimal-example.html):

A testcase is created by subclassing unittest.TestCase. The three
individual tests are defined with methods whose names start with
the letters "test". This naming convention informs the test runner
about which methods represent tests.

The convention is necessary because you might want methods that are
*not* tests.

-- David Goodger

Jeremy Fincher

Change your method name to begin with "test" instead of "Test" and it should work.

Jeremy