  1. * {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;}

    put it into the css file and you should get a more uniform appearance of you file in different browsers

    that's it?

    Jan Clemens Faerber, Apr 4, 2013

  2. Jan Clemens Faerber

    Tim W Guest

    On 04/04/2013 16:28, Jan Clemens Faerber wrote:
    > * {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;}
    >
    > put it into the css file and you should get a more uniform appearance of you file in different browsers
    >
    > that's it?

    Wot? instead of those long, elaborately constructed and over discussed
    reset things? surely not.

    Tim W

    Tim W, Apr 4, 2013

  3. Jan Clemens Faerber

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 4/4/2013 11:28 AM, Jan Clemens Faerber wrote:
    > * {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;}
    > put it into the css file and you should get a more uniform appearance of you file in different browsers

    Since version 9, Opera switched to default 8px margin instead of 8px
    padding on the body element. All browsers since then display the same
    regarding margin and padding.
    Border? I recall no differences therein.

    > that's it?

    What's it?
    Together with some other default values for e.g. lists where Opera had
    different defaults than the rest of the world, since version 9, Opera
    and all other browsers have same default values.
    Me thinks you're a little behind the times.

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Apr 4, 2013
  4. Jan Clemens Faerber

    dorayme Guest

    In article <kjkg29$efd$>,
    Tim W <> wrote:

    > On 04/04/2013 16:28, Jan Clemens Faerber wrote:
    > > * {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;}
    > >
    > > put it into the css file and you should get a more uniform appearance of
    > > you file in different browsers

    And put you to more trouble than necessary. So that you can achieve a
    sort of pixel perfect identity across browsers? So that you don't
    displease that the God of Websites who sits in a room filled with
    monitors, each with a different browser on it, checking such things?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 4, 2013
  5. On Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:29:54 PM UTC+2, Gus Richter wrote:
    > On 4/4/2013 11:28 AM, Jan Clemens Faerber wrote:
    >
    > > * {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;}

    > > put it into the css file and you should get a more uniform appearance of you file in different browsers

    > Since version 9, Opera switched to default 8px margin instead of 8px
    >
    > padding on the body element. All browsers since then display the same
    >
    > regarding margin and padding.
    >
    > Border? I recall no differences therein.
    >

    > > that's it?

    > What's it?
    >
    > Together with some other default values for e.g. lists where Opera had
    >
    > different defaults than the rest of the world, since version 9, Opera
    >
    > and all other browsers have same default values.
    >
    > Me thinks you're a little behind the times.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Gus

    Ok - thank you all for your replies.
    Me I go according with your point of views.
    Unfortunately I don't have much webdesign knowledge
    but this "browser trick" seemed a little bit -
    how should I call it? - ... a little bit
    hm... like it is not enough.

    Jan Clemens Faerber, Apr 5, 2013