unknown error

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Martin Uruz, May 6, 2004.

  1. Martin Uruz

    Martin Uruz Guest

    hi
    the following code produces this error:

    /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/nqxml/tokenizer.rb:56: warning: string
    pattern instead of regexp; metacharacters no longer effective

    code:
    begin
    xmlstr = File.open("tagebuch.xml") { |f| f.read}
    xmlTagebuch = NQXML::TreeParser.new(xmlstr).document
    rescue NQXML::parserError => ex
    puts "Fehler in Zeile #{ex.line}" + " bei Zeichen #{ex.column}:
    #{$!}"
    end
    can this be a error in my xml file?
    i am new in ruby!!

    --
    thx
    martin pfeffer

    Martin Uruz, May 6, 2004

  2. Martin Uruz

    Jim Menard Guest

    Martin,

    > the following code produces this error:
    >
    > /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/nqxml/tokenizer.rb:56: warning: string
    > pattern instead of regexp; metacharacters no longer effective

    This is not your error; it is a warning that some NQXML code is doing
    things the old, deprecated way. NQXML was written in the days of Ruby
    1.6. With Ruby 1.8, using strings instead of regular expressions is
    deprecated. I will take a look at updating NQXML when I have time
    (hah!).

    If your investment in NQXML is not too heavy, may I suggest switching
    to REXML? This may sound funny coming from the author of NQXML, but
    REXML is (a) included with Ruby now and (b) better than NQXML.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Menard, , http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    Dash dash space newline