    Anyone has any experience on this? Any problem will be caused by
    unqualified elements?

    Thanks a lot for your advices!

    mavis, Jun 1, 2006

  2. mavis

    mavis Guest

    Anyone has different ideas about this?

    http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/06/06/schemasimple.html?page=2

    which recommend to use "qualified" instead of "unqualified"

    mavis, Jun 2, 2006

  3. The purpose of namespaces is to leave room for your XML-based language
    to be intermixed with other XML-based languages. Using unqualified names
    increases the risk of conflicting definitions.

    Think about whether you, or your customers, will ever be in the position
    of wanting to do this -- for example, embedding your documents as the
    body of a SOAP message. Unless you can say "no" with absolute certainty,
    you really should stick with namespace-qualified element names.

    Namespaces are a basic part of XML these days. Get used to them.

    Joe Kesselman, Jun 2, 2006
  4. mavis

    mavis Guest

    mavis, Jun 2, 2006