unrecognized command line option "-Wno-long-double"

Dean N. Williams

Dear Python and Mac Community,

I have just successfully built gcc version 4.1.0 for my Mac OS X 10.4.6.

gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-apple-darwin8.6.0
Configured with: /usr/local/src/gcc-4.1.0/configure
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.0

When I try to build Python 2.4.3, I get the following error below:

gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd
-DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I./Include
-DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Modules/python.o Modules/python.c
gcc: unrecognized option '-no-cpp-precomp'
gcc: unrecognized option '-no-cpp-precomp'
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-long-double"
make: *** [Modules/python.o] Error 1
Python make failed.

What is the best solution for this unrecognized command line option?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Dean